COVID-19 Testing at the Savannah Civic Center
In Chatham County, all COVID-19 testing through public health is currently located at the Savannah Civic Center at 301 West Oglethorpe Avenue in downtown Savannah.
The site is operational Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and every first and third Saturday of the month from 8:30 -11:30 a.m. Walk-up testing begins at 8:30 a.m., and drive-through testing begins at approximately 9:30 a.m.
Saturday schedule for August: August 1, August 15
Instructions for Walk-up Testing
Individuals are asked not to queue for walk-up testing before 8 a.m.
From 8-8:30 a.m., walkers can form a line on the Montgomery Street side of the Civic Center. Individuals MUST wear face coverings and MUST follow the markers to stay 6 feet from others in line. Walk-up testing will begin at 8:30 a.m. for up to 100 individuals.
Instructions for Drive-Through Testing
- Drivers should proceed north on Montgomery Street (toward the river).
- The line will turn right on Oglethorpe Avenue.
- The line will turn right on Jefferson Street between the Civic Center and Oglethorpe House, then proceed down Hull Street to Orleans Square.
- The line will turn right on Barnard Street along the west site of the square before turning into the Civic Center parking lot, which is the test site staging area.
- Cars will enter the civic center through a cargo bay, and exit through a different cargo bay onto Liberty Street.
Inside the Civic Center
Once your car is inside the Civic Center, staff members will get your personal information (name, date of birth, contact information for results). We will not ask for insurance information or payment; testing is free.
You will remain in your car, and proceed to the next area where a nurse will collect a specimen using a nasal cavity swab.
You will then exit through another cargo bay onto Liberty Street.
Test results are typically available in 2-4 days. although the exact turnaround time depends on the processing capacity at the laboratory.