COVID-19 Testing at the Savannah Civic Center
In Chatham County, COVID-19 testing through public health is offered several days each week at the Savannah Civic Center at 301 West Oglethorpe Avenue in downtown Savannah, with no appointment required. Testing is also offered each Wednesday at various locations in Chatham County by appointment. Click here to schedule a Wednesday appointment.
The Civic Center site is operational on the following schedule:
- Monday: 8:30 a.m. – 3: 30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Wednesday: Closed. Staff conducts testing at varying community locations by appointment.
- Every first and third Saturday of the month from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday schedule for October: October 3, October 17
- Walk-up testing begins at 8:30 a.m., and drive-through testing begins at approximately 9:30 a.m.
Instructions for Walk-up Testing
Individuals are asked not to queue for walk-up testing before 8 a.m.
From 8-8:30 a.m., walkers can form a line on the Montgomery Street side of the Civic Center. Individuals MUST wear face coverings and MUST follow the markers to stay 6 feet from others in line. Walk-up testing will begin at 8:30 a.m. for up to 100 individuals.
Instructions for Drive-Through Testing
- Drivers will queue in the Civic Center parking lot, which is the test site staging area.
- Cars will enter the civic center through a cargo bay, and exit through a different cargo bay onto Liberty Street.
Inside the Civic Center
Once your car is inside the Civic Center, staff members will get your personal information (name, date of birth, contact information for results). We will not ask for insurance information or payment; testing is free.
You will remain in your car, and proceed to the next area where a nurse will collect a specimen using a nasal cavity swab.
You will then exit through another cargo bay onto Liberty Street.
Test results are typically available in 2-4 days. although the exact turnaround time depends on the processing capacity at the laboratory.