Free COVID-19 Testing Through Your Local Health Department
Questions? Need an appointment?
Call the COVID-19 Testing Call Center: 1-912-230-9744
Call Center Hours:
- Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Free testing for COVID-19 is available through the Coastal Health District. Anyone can be tested, even without symptoms of COVID-19.
Antibody (blood) testing for COVID-19 is not available through the health department at this time.
For Testing in Savannah, Richmond Hill, Pembroke, and Brunswick:
Free testing is available by appointment only at the specimen collection sites in Savannah, Richmond Hill, Pembroke, and Brunswick for anyone who would like to be tested, regardless of symptoms. Call the COVID-19 Testing Call Center at 912-230-9744 to begin the appointment process. Appointments are often available the same day you call, and weekend appointments are available at some locations.
Appointments must be made over the phone – do not visit a health department clinic in person for an appointment.
Upcoming Mobile Testing Events
In addition to our established specimen collection centers in Savannah, Richmond Hill, Pembroke, and Brunswick, we bring temporary “pop-up” specimen collection sites to other areas of the Coastal Health District. You do not need an appointment for these mobile testing sites. Anyone can be tested for free regardless of symptoms.
Please note: the schedule is subject to change based on the availability of testing kits and the weather. If thunderstorms move into the area, a site may be cancelled or may close early for the safety of staff and individuals coming to the outdoor testing site. Thank you for understanding.
- Monday, June 8, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Mary Lee Clark Elementary School, 318 Mickler Drive in St. Marys
- Tuesday, June 2, 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., Savannah High School, 400 Pennsylvania Ave. in Savannah
- Thursday, June 4, 9:30 a.m. -1 p.m., Johnson High School, 3012 Sunset Blvd in Thunderbolt
- Friday, June 5, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., main entrance of the former Effingham County Middle School, 1290 Hwy. 119 South in Springfield
- Saturday, June 6, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Selden Park, 100 Genoa Martin Drive in Brunswick
- Wednesday, June 3, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., the Shuman Gym Parking Lot at James Brown Park, 800 Tupelo Trail in Hinesville
- Thursday, June 4, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Smiley Elementary School parking lot, 1530 Georgia Hwy 57 in Ludowici
- Tuesday, June 2, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., South Newport Baptist Church, 23344 US-17 in Townsend
To be tested by public health in a different county in Georgia, click the button below for a list of call center numbers for health departments across the state.
For Healthcare Providers
If you are a healthcare provider, you may use a commercial lab or request a test through the Department of Public Health.
Use the link below to access an online referral form for specimen collection through public health. Once you submit the form and a PUI number has been generated, your patient should expect a call from a testing site coordinator with an appointment time. The patient does not need to call the testing referral line for an appointment; submission of the online form will add them to the testing site queue.
For Providers: Online Referral Form