Free COVID-19 Testing Through Your Local Health Department
Para obtener información sobre las pruebas de COVID-19, haga clic aquí.
Who is eligible for free COVID-19 Testing?
Anyone who would like to be tested for COVID-19 can get free testing through the Coastal Health District. Even individuals who do not have symptoms can be tested.
When should I be tested?
If you’ve been exposed to someone with COVID-19, there is a specific time frame that is ideal for testing. Click here for more information about when to be tested for COVID-19.
Where can I be tested?
There are two locations offering testing through public health in the Coastal Health District. Please view the schedule below for details.
Other Testing Options (pricing, availability, requirements may vary)
Many urgent care centers, health clinics, doctor’s offices, and pharmacies offer COVID-19 testing, including:
Testing in Savannah/Chatham County:
Savannah Civic Center, 301 West Oglethorpe Ave.
On Tuesday, June 22nd, the public health COVID-19 testing site at the Savannah Civic Center will be closed due to other events scheduled to take place at that location.
- You do not need an appointment for testing at the Civic Center, but you must pre-register.
- Monday: Drive-through testing 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Drive-through testing 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Drive-through testing 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Walk-up testing 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Friday: Drive-through testing 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Every first and third Saturday of each month: Drive-through testing from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Closed Sundays
Testing in Brunswick/Glynn County
The Brunswick testing site will be closed Monday, July 5, in observance of Independence Day. The site will be open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, July 6, 7, and 9.
COVID-19 Testing in Glynn County is offered as a curbside service. Look for signs to the COVID-19 testing area, pull into one of the 10 parking spaces and call the number on the sign so we know you have arrived. All COVID-19 testing is by appointment only.
Site operational hours:
- Monday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. (closed July 5, and open Tuesday July 6 instead)
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
How to Schedule an Appointment
Schedule Testing Online
Our online self-scheduling portal for COVID-19 testing is available anytime. Click the button below to begin.
Please note: this link is for COVID-19 testing, NOT vaccine.
Schedule by Phone
The COVID-19 Testing Call Center is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Friday from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Call the COVID-19 Testing Call Center at 1-912-230-9744.
- A mask or face covering is required inside all Coastal Health District health departments, COVID-19 specimen collection sites, and vaccination events.
- Please do not arrive for your scheduled appointment more than 10 minutes early.
- If you cannot keep your appointment, follow the instructions in your confirmation email to cancel the appointment. Doing so will open the appointment time for someone else.
- You cannot schedule an appointment more than 2 weeks in advance.
To be tested by public health in a different county in Georgia, click the button below for a list of call center numbers for health departments across the state.
For Healthcare Providers
If you are a healthcare provider, you may use a commercial lab or request a test through the Department of Public Health. For public health testing, your patient may schedule an appointment online (or pre-register for Chatham County) following the instructions above, or call 1-912-230-9744 with questions.